Sunday, May 20, 2007

dreams

I need a book about dreams.

I have several reoccuring dreams. When I say reoccuring, I mean it. I have the same dreams, well, slightly different in setting and content but pretty much the same, very often.

I have a dream that I am back in school--sometimes college, sometimes high school. I realize that I haven't been attending classes and I have finals coming up. Ican't even remember the days, times, or location of the classes. It's very frustrating.

Another dream involves my mom and/or my former stepfather, Bob. In my dream, they are remarried, something I cannot understand b/c the divorce was bad, I mean really ugly. I have so much anger toward my mom and my stepfather. I am upset b/c they do something menacing or outright unjust against me in the dream.

I'm sure it's very clear to someone what these dreams mean. Maybe it's just a lot of pent up frustration or anxiety.

I would just like to know if these are common dreams.

2 comments:

Jeni Q said...

I think it's probably common to have repeat dreams.

I used to have hate dreams about my dad, and they were replaced with hate dreams about Drew. Those have all, finally, receeded.

Now, my most common recurring dream is that Dave and I live in an enormously fancy house, or we have two houses and we split our time.

Weird.

Monica said...

Your current recurring, THAT has got to be a REALLY good dream to have, Jeni.