Thursday, May 31, 2007

Chickens like Puffs



I've discovered that chickens like baby veggie puffs. I originally got the puffs for Evan. They are Sweet Corn flavored and he absolutely hates them. Something about corn is a total turnoff for him. I've gotten babyfood with corn as one of the ingredients, like "squash and corn" or "sweet potato and corn"--anything with corn he absolutely will not eat. So, I had this entire can of corn veggie puffs, so I figured "what the heck" and tossed a few to the chickens. They acted like it was Crack Cocaine. It was wild. I'm planning on buying some more just for them.


They are starting to venture into the yard. So far, they've only felt comfortable testing out the Hummingbird Garden, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time until they realize they have a great, huge new place all for the taking. I love my chickens.

1 comment:

Jeni Q said...

Wow. Last night Dave told me about his co-worker who raises chickens. He has lots of stories. When next we're there, you'll have to ask Dave about the "flaming chicken" story. :)

But don't worry, I'm sure there won't be a massacre...