Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Chickens


This past weekend we finally realized a long- standing goal of mine. Scott and I brought home 5 new members of the household. Please join me in welcoming my beautiful new CHICKENS.


We've been in the process of converting my greenhouse into a chicken coop off and on for the last couple of months. We finished on Saturday and picked up my sweeties on Sunday. They are the softest and most gentle little things. They are a few months old, as I didn't want to jump right into the chick raising process. I do have 2 roosters, though, so we may end up with some chicks soon enough. They were all raised together by a woman who treats her chickens like members of her family so they all get along beautifully.


Oh, kind of a new thing for me, I am picking little pieces of dried up, previously chewed veggie puffs out of my hair right now. Evan is learning to eat the puffs and he spits out about half of them. Sometimes he's covered in sticky, deflated puffs, it's very cute. Anyway, I guess some mashed up puffs made it from his hands to my hair and I must have slept in puffs.


Lovely.

1 comment:

Jeni Q said...

How did you get them to all pose like that?!