Friday, April 25, 2008

Trip to North Carolina

Henry with his mommy

Aunt Cristin holds a sleeping Henry right before we traumatize him with a BATH!
Poor little guy was sound asleep and now he's being tortured by tub time. I'm sure he's going to love bathtime in a few months.
We did not force Henry to stare at the sun while we went for a walk. It kinda looks like it but this only lasted a couple of seconds and it was purely so we could get the photo of him in his stroller. Such a sweet boy!

And here is the beautiful Jeni. She is the best mom and friend!
I had a really wonderful trip to NC to see Jeni and little Henry. He was only 6 weeks old and just a tiny bundle of love and cuddles. I got to spend some quality time with my friend and that made me feel so good. The last couple of times we saw each other, we didn't have much time to get in some decent conversations. She's also very wise, even at her young age, and is a great confidante for me.

Seeing Cristin and meeting her friend Jamie was fun and watching movies and TV shows that I was totally unfamiliar with was quite entertaining. We watched "The Man Who Fell to Earth", a David Bowie vehicle that was interesting but kinda confusing to me. I loved "Robot Chicken", a cartoon network show Jeni introduced me to, as well as a couple other funny and bizarre cartoons.

We spent most all of our time just taking it easy. I loved it!

2 comments:

cmrpaul said...

It was great to see you, chicky! That's a gorgeous picture of Jeni!... And if anyone is wondering why I'm wearing shades in the house, I was a bad-influence-hungover-auntie. :(

Jeni Q said...

I love both you girls. Monica, I can't thank you enough for visiting!! It was awesome having you here.
xoxooxoxooxoxoxo

mmmmmm makes me want to have a beer...