Friday, April 11, 2008

Feeling crafty again




Since Evan's toy box turned out pretty well, I decided to try my hand at more furniture painting. I picked up an old, off-white child's bench and painted it apple-green. Then I stuck some more cute little animals on it like the toy box and painted some little bugs, ants and dragon flies on it. No stencils this time, just free-hand. It's fun. I'm not quite finished with it, I still need to make a cushion for it, obviously.


Also, we've got a new batch of chicks. Only five, but they're very cute. We would have had more but eggs kept vanishing. I knew it was a snake but hadn't seen him until yesterday. Yes,I had to kill the snake. It was kinda tough b/c all I had was a flat hoe nearby and he was in a nest in the coop so I had to get in an awkward position, but I did it. Yes, I feel bad about it, please don't think I don't feel guilty, but there is plenty of food around here and the snakes don't have to go into my chicken house!


On a happier note, Evan is doing great. Cute as a button!


I'm planning to visit Jeni and Henry soon. Unfortunately, I'm one of the thousands of folks who booked their flight on American Airlines, so we'll see if I make it as scheduled.




2 comments:

cmrpaul said...

The bench looks GREAT! You should start a business. For serious. My cousin does commission work in Ohio and she kinda makes a killing. Can't wait to see you on Sunday! Have a safe trip!

Jeni Q said...

Yay, you made it!!