Monday, March 23, 2009

Peafowl now at Chez Monica




I LOVE BIRDS! Have I mentioned that? Well, if not, here ya go. I love 'em. As of yesterday, I am now the proud owner of an adult peacock and peahen. I'm so excited!

I'm keeping them in the chicken coop for a while until they get acclimated to their new home.
A friend of a friend needed to re-home them and my friend knew of my predisposition to animal husbandry so she put her friend in touch with me. She said that the peahen has been laying as of late;-)

I am so glad. I've wanted peafowl for a while now but I never did anything about it.
Not to get too weird about it but I kinda think the universe is trying to help me out. Here's why:

1) Completely not an avian topic--I needed to get a job. I did not want to go out into the "job market". I loved my old boss and always loved the thought of getting back in touch with her. What happens? My old job opens back up, a friend recommends me and I'm back with my beloved old boss as of the beginning of April!

2) I always wanted peacocks. Never did anything about it. A friend of a friend comes along and viola, I have peacocks (peafowl; sorry).
I know it may sound flimsy to some, but I do kind of feel like things are going my way. Knock on wood, I hope I'm right:-)


1 comment:

cmrpaul said...

They are beauuuuutiful!!! Congrats on your new babies. And congrats on your new/old job! Hooray! I love when things go that way!