Saturday, March 14, 2009

I AM a Knitter! Sort of….

My most wonderful friend, Jeni, sent me a beautiful knitting set to get me started knitting a couple of months ago.  I was feeling pretty low and she really went out of her way for me.  There was some super soft chenille yarn that was begging to be made into something really pretty.  I tried to learn via the instructions but I wasn’t catching on very quickly so I went down to my local Alpaca Ranch and spoke to a lady there to learn a bit more.  She got me started on a very small project with very thin yarn, better for a complete novice, like myself.

So, I set out to make a hat for Evan, and I just finished!  I’m very excited.  I feel more and more confident and I can’t wait to use the super cool yarn Jeni gave me!

I’m also getting some very helpful advice from Cristin, who is a fabulous knitter.  She is the one who inspired me to take the leap into the world of knitting.

chickens and such 002                         Please don’t look to close to the hat, so as not to see ALL the dropped stitches and such.  Just remember, this is my very first knitting project.  Pretty cool, huh?!

chickens and such 005

2 comments:

cmrpaul said...

Whaddaya mean "dropped stitches and such"?! It looks FABULOUS!!!! Great job! w00t! Evan looks so proud wearing it too:) Way to go! Keep it up... I just looooove seeing handcrafted stockinette finished:) Hooray!

Jeni Q said...

You are doing so great! I'm so proud of you!